Florida Institute of Technology
- Existence: 1958-present
- Usage: 1958 - 1966
- Usage: 1966-present
The Brevard Engineering College was founded by Jerome Keuper in 1958. In 1966,the college was renamed Florida Institute of Technology. The university has five colleges: The College of Science, the College of Engineering, the College of Aeronautics, the College of Business, and the College of Psychology and Liberal Arts.
Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
Campus Observer is a newsletter made for the faculty and staff of Florida Tech. Produced by the Office of Marketing and Communications, formerly the Office of University Communications, the collection dates from 1995, when it was called Tech Talk, to 2011, the latest issue in this collection.
This collection includes Edmund Skellings’ materials related to academic (e.g., lecture notes, articles), literary (e.g., manuscript), business (e.g., business contacts), and personal (e.g., letters, photographs) activities from 1932 to 2015.
This collection includes Edwin A. and Marion C. Link’s materials related to academic (e.g., articles, speech manuscripts), business (e.g., business correspondence), exploring (e.g., logs, maps, charts) and personal (e.g., letters, photographs) activities, articles about background information, and his family’s activities from 1884 to 2018.
The multimedia items collected and donated by Frank Perkins focus on the administrative, historical, social, and technical operations of Radiation, Inc. (1950-1967), an engineering company based in Melbourne, FL, that focused on communications electronics.
These records contain administrative documents related to the acquisition, closure, and sale of the Jensen Beach Campus by the Florida Institute of Technology from 1977 to 2001 as well as some documents related to the operation of the campus. The records are held within three boxes and takes up 1.34 cubic feet.
These records contain documents related to the Ocean Engineering and Sciences Department of Florida Institute of Technology, including its precursors. The OES documents include operational records, pamphlets, and campus publications from the late 1960s through 2000.