Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview The multimedia items collected and donated by Frank Perkins focus on the administrative, historical, social, and technical operations of Radiation, Inc. (1950-1967), an engineering company based in Melbourne, FL, that focused on communications electronics.
Overview This collection includes textual and photographic materials, three-dimensional objects, and digital and analog audio/visual media collected by various employees throughout their time working with Radiation, Inc. The materials cover topics such as the early space race and engineering developments of the 1960s and 1970s, as well as administration of the company and early development of surrounding community of Brevard County.
Overview The Ray Penn papers consist two document boxes of textual, photographic, and physical materials from 1954-1983 (bulk 1960-1975), relating mostly to the administrative and historical aspects of Radiation, Inc.’s business throughout this time period. Radiation, Inc. and its engineers made major contributions to technological developments of the early U.S. Space Race and wireless communications projects. The company and its employees were also a major foundation for the growth and development of...
Dates: 1950-1983; Majority of material found within 1954-1970
- Subject: Saturn Project (U.S.) X
- Harris Corporation 2
- Space Congress (Conference) 2
- Department of Defense 1
- Florida Institute of Technology 1
- Ford Motor Company 1
- George C. Marshall Space Flight Center 1
- Goddard Space Flight Center 1
- Patrick Air Force Base (Fla.) 1
- Perkins, Frank A. 1
- Rome Air Development Center 1
- Sylvester, Tom 1
- Texas Instruments Incorporated 1
- United States. National Security Agency 1
- United States. Patent and Trademark Office 1
- Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (Ohio) 1 ∧ less